From:
Marv Donarski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Feb 2003 14:13:31 -0500
Hi Listers,
I have a Dell 4500 P4 2.0G 256RAM W\Windows XP Home. It came with a Lite-On CD-RW drive which I wanted. I have just bought a NEC DVD+RW drive and replaced the Lite-On CD burner, I seem to have the DVD working OK. My Question is, can I put the Lite-On CD-RW drive back in and use it for backups also or will the two drives conflict with each other. Right now my hard drive is on the primary IDE conn. by itself and the DVD drive is on the secondary IDE conn. by itself. Could I install the CD-RW drive as a slave off the hard drive and have it work? I don't have a second audio connecter on my sound card but I'm just using this drive (CD-RW) for backups so I don't need the sound connection.
The only reason I'm trying to do this is because I have a backup program I love (BurnQuick) and it will not work with the NEC DVD burner. What's wrong with this picture? Any advise or help with this, I would sure appreciate. TIA

Marv Donarski
Sunny Florida