From:
Blair Perkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Jun 1999 13:56:11 -1000
Having a hard time with a friends computer.  All was fine until he added
some software (QEMM, disk manager, etc).  Computer stopped working properly,
will not boot.

He opened the lid, moved cards around, plugged and unplugged cables, etc.
etc.  Hopefully he knew what he was doing !!!!

Now he brings it to me.

BIOS seems to be intact.  The BIOS info screen shows, but then the cursor
will simply flash.  I have double checked all connection, no problems.  I
have even removed all cables to the HDD controller card except the FDD.  The
computer will not boot from the HD or FD.

I now suspect a HDD controller (but if I unplug the cable to FD I get an
error) or the MB.

Any suggestions here??

TIA
Blair