From:
Bob Lendrim <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 2007 13:17:11 -0500
I'm using WinXPSP2 and IE7 to access my Earthlink webmail. When I receive most attachments, jpg, wmv, etc, I am given the option to either view or save the attachment. That is good. But when I receive a mpg attachment, I am not given the option to view it, only to (1)search for a program to view it, or (2)save it. It's as if my computer does not know what program to use to view mpg files. However when I double click on the same (or any other) mpg file in Windows Explorer, Zoom Player (my choice) starts and opens the mpg file. Is there a way I can tell IE7 what program I want to use to view (open) mpg files. Why doesn't it use the same program I have told Windows to use?

Additional info: I recently tried Mozilla Firefox but uninstalled it for a similar reason. I could find no way to choose whether to view or save any and all attachments.  I was forced to save EVERY attachment to disk, then view it, then decide whether to keep or delete it. That was very time consuming.

Thanks for any help, Bob

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml