Date:
Fri, 18 Sep 2009 23:35:58 -0700
What make/model is this computer?
Try unchecking "Auto".

I think the "System Restore" you tried is the factory reinstall, so be
careful unless that's what you really want.
Vista has a restore function in System Tools that might help. You could
also try disabling IE add ons or resetting IE to defaults
(Tools/Options/Advanced.)
I'd recommend installing Firefox also. There have been a lot of problems
with IE lately.