From:
Ken Hollingsworth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Nov 2005 18:30:19 -0800
Is there some slight, but possible chance, that your ON-OFF switch on
the case has failed?  Perhaps when you push it ON, it doesn't stay ON
long enough for it to POST.
I'm thinking that I would at least have to prove it before buying a
bunch of new stuff that won't work without a good switch.  Yes, they
do go bad - been there, done that.

Ken Hollingsworth

On 11/8/05, joseph marty <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> If the mobo is working you should be getting beep codes during what would be the POST screen if you had it up and running.  My guess at this point is that you've had the extreme misfortune of getting two bad mobos.  Maybe you should invest in a different brand like Abit or Asus.
>
> If this is exactly the same problem you had that caused you to buy a new mobo, what, if anything, did you bring with you from the first problem machine?  Sounds like you've replaced almost everything replaceable.
>

> Jason Redlin <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> >The mother board didn't fry.  This is the problem I started with.  Old system wouldn't boot.  I cleared the bios with no success.  After talking with a number of people and doing a bunch of the same tests I'm doing now on the new system, I decided to start replacing parts and started with the mother board.  I continued to have the same problems so I next bought memory, then a processor.  Now I have a whole new system and still have the same problem.  What are the chances of getting two bad mother boards back to back?  I find that very hard to chew.
> >
> >The video card is integrated on the mother board.  I've tried three new memory sticks and a new power supply.  The strange thing is that one would think that I would at least get a beep.  I don't think it's seeing the bios.  I've had these issues with other systems and bad memory always gives a beep etc.  I get nothing at all.  Is there a way to test the bios?
> >
> >Any more suggestions?  Thanks for your help!

> Switch to Netscape Internet Service.
> As low as $9.95 a month -- Sign up today at http://isp.netscape.com/register
>
> Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

>                         PCBUILD's List Owners: