From:
alan c lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 May 2006 11:59:14 -0700
E B,
	For MS Word, you cannot use the mouse to do paste, but that
can be done with Ctrl + V keyboard shortcut.  I don't know for sure what
other programs you have this problem with, but most likely Ctrl + V would
work for most of them.  Cheers!

Yours truly,
Alan Lee

On Tue, 16 May 2006, E B Lund wrote:

> As mentioned by somebody else, substituting another keyboard might do the
> trick. How are your computer resources? I have found that if I am
> ovewhelming my computer, all types of mischief occur.
>
> I know it doesn't solve your problem, but I have a way for you to minimize
> lost data. You indicate that your mouse continues to work, so saving a file
> that way will help. If you have not previously saved a file, I can think of
> 2 alternatives. The first is to cut and paste text from one of your open
> files into the file name.
>
> ****BONUS QUESTION FOR ALL YOU GURUS OUT THERE-On some file types I can
> paste a file name into the "save file as" slot, but othertimes (like with
> Word) I cannot. What's going on, and more importantly, how can I fix it?
>
> Back to your question. If you haven't previously saved your file, and cannot
> cut and paste a file name in, keep a "Break in case of fire (file?)"
> filename handy. It would just be an empty file, but in case of keyboard
> failure, you could save whatever file you have open to that file. Not only
> would you not lose what you are working on, you would always know where to
> find it.
>
> BTW, sometimes when my (eMachines) computer is acting up, I do the three
> finger salute, and then just X out of it and the problem is resolved. Can't
> say why. Just works sometimes.
>
> William Closure

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>