From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jun 2004 22:51:57 -0700
  I believe that while "blocking services" will prevent outside machines
from initiating connections to the internal machine, it doesn't do anything
to prevent replies to traffic initiated from the inside machine.

  Your router may not have a way to do what you want, but you can prevent
the machine from initiating connections to the outside by statically
assigning its default gateway setting to point to an unused address in the
range you're using for the LAN.  It will still be able to communicate with
the other local machines, just not anything that's beyond the router.

David Gillett