From:
Jim Dirksen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Feb 2003 20:20:09 -0500
I want to go back to a single OS. I now have Win XP Pro with Win 98 using Fat32. I'm going to XP only with NTFS. Drive 1 C:Win98, & G: Drive 2 D:XP, E: & F:  I will format 2nd drive and run only XP. Using PartitionMagic 7 I formated G: with NTFS. On reboot it goes right into 98. I can't get XP. No choice on bootup like before. Booted in DOS,drive D:, Win Dir, could not bring up XP. Changed HDD Master/Slave settings, it booted up in 98 that way also.
I tried booting with PartitionMagic recovery disk, made with XP, and I still  get 98. If I use FDISK on Drive 1, on reboot will I get XP? What am I misssing?
Thanks
Jim Dirksen