From:
Tom Turak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2001 15:35:54 -0400
You do not say what your operating system is.  In win98, right click on
network neighborhood, properties.  Under TCP/IP, properties, bindings tab,
check 'client for microsoft network'.  Under the network hardware adapter,
properties, bindings, check 'TCP/IP'.  Reboot and your network gateway,
wins, and dns should all be working again.  For other ms op/sys, locate the
bindings checkboxes and make sure they are selected.  If it isn't the
bindings being unselected, go to start, run, and enter
winipcfg
click on 'release all', and /or 'renew all'.  (Just 'release all' works in
my environment) and reboot.  The settings for tcp/ip will take effect and
you should get internet access back.
Tom Turak