From:
"Joel M. Blackman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Jun 2001 14:13:16 -0700
The BIOS displays it as Drive A, 3.5" 1.44 Mb floppy.  I tried booting to
the Win 98 startup disk, but it just bypassed it comletely.  If I try to
access it the LED lights up and it tries to spin, but just goes uh, uh, uh
like a car with a weak battery.  Device manager says the floppy controller
is working, both in Windows and in safe mode.  I replaced the two driver
files.  I am getting no "drive failure" in POST, which is what I'd expect to
see if the floppy disk controller went bad. This mobo is only about 3 weeks
old, so I wouldn't expect it to fail.  The only thing I can think of that
I've done lately is add a key in the registry to turn on nVidia's 4XAGP,
which isn't enabled except for certain mobos.  I could remove that to see
what happens.  How would such a key have an effect on the floppy
drive/controller?  Joel

Joel;
have you reset your bios to make sure it isn't some
bios glitch not recognizing the proper drive type or something?
other than that, it must be a bad floppy controller on the mobo.
I assume the drive doesn't work in dos either?
My next step would be to strip back to basics: memory, video card, cpu
and see if the drive works.