From:
John Chin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Mar 2001 18:37:48 -0500
At 07:20 AM 03/18/2001 Paul Tiwana wrote:
>Hi Friends,
>I hv ATI Rage 128 GL SD AGP ( English)
>I want to know its video's memory's  capacity

Paul:

The best way to discern memory amounts is to look at your video card. Count
the memory chips and record the product numbers on them. Sometimes the RAM
chips will give you a clue about capacity but you normally have to look up
the product numbers on the RAM maker's website.

You also might be able to look up the product code or serial number and
check ATI's site for your particular model.

Sometimes, if you watch the Boot up screen, you can catch the RAM size when
the video BIOS loads (difficult with a power-savings monitor).

I wouldn't rely on software reporting the RAM size. My guess would be your
card has 8MB or 16MB capacity.

Good luck.

John Chin