From:
Jun Qian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Jun 1999 23:22:39 +1000
One of my client is runnig NT4 workstation with PIII-450, 256M RAM and
Viper500 AGP video on Aopen mobo. He uses 3DMax 2.5, the machine is fast.
For your friend, she will need NT not win98. I think a fast AGP video card
like Viper 770 (32M ) would do the job very well. I'm not expert on this
kind of design stuff, but many of my clients (like your friend do) are happy
with AGP video (make sure to get a brand name board). I know there are
perfassional video card designed for graphics workstation, I'm just not sure
if they are too expansive to your friend or not.

If I remember correct, the best Graphics workstation is Unix station (really
expansive!). Neither Mac or PC can match with Unix box. I also don't believe
Mac is better than PC.

J Qian