From:
Harold Seabolt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jan 2006 10:19:51 -0500
Julie.
 Without getting technical, It is most probable the battery is defective. If that is the case, my advice is to remove the battery, put some scotch type tape over the contact end and re-install it (keeps dust out and appearance is the same). Now the laptop can be used on the a.c. adapter.
HTH
Hal Seabolt