From:
Christopher Zguris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jun 1999 14:02:05 -0400
Yep, it can. However, how _well_ the video is displayed on TV can vary
among the cards. I had one of these cards in an experimental CD jukebox
controller. The video quality was okay, and the text readable on a 25" TV
while I was sitting on a couch approx 6-8 feet away. For that card, it
plugged in, replaced the standard video card, and had a standard VGA jack
for the monitor and an RCA jack for the video out (baseband video, NOT
channel 2/3!). To switch between the TV & monitor, it required a properties
setting, which was a PITA. If memory serves, it would boot to the VGA by
default, thus requiring a VGA monitor.

There are a variety of PC-to-TV options out there, some include wireless
keyboards, some use wireless links, etc. Check out some home automation or
computer hardware supplies, if you go to my page, click on Links, then
select the Home Automation category to get a list of suppliers (I've got a
bunch of 'em). Home Controls Inc. comes to mind as a vendor with a couple
of different options.

At 08:10 PM 6/14/99 +0900, Ray wrote:
>I recently saw an ISA video card with a cable type jack on the back.  This
cannot be the only
>hardware needed to view pc video output on my TV, can it?  What type
hardware is needed?

Christopher Zguris

[log in to unmask] / http://www.christopherzguris.com

                     visit our download web page at: