From:
Jun Qian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Aug 1999 00:45:42 +1000
David Rezachek wrote:

> I was able to get the camera to work properly on my Dell Dimension XPS
> 266 desktop computer running Windows 95 (version 4.00.950a) and on my HP
> Pavilion 6370Z desktop running Windows 98.

How did you make win95a work with USB device?

> The Intel Tech Support guy thinks that it might be a conflict with the
> laptop power management system (Micron says no), and suggests that I
> disable it.
>
> Has anyone else experienced a similar problem and found a fix?

Yes, I have been in similar situation when I set up both TV card and usb
cam. The problem (mine) is not hardware, it turned to be bad designed
software. Here is my situation and work out:
When usb cam is finished setup, TV viewer program started reporting "config
error and device not available" and no TV can be recieved. up to this point,
no problem shown in device manger. However as I looked around, the Microsoft
WDM Image Capture is used by both USB cam and TV card, and I found WDM image
capture was wrongly re-assigned to usb cam only during the auto setup. That
was my problem, there is no way to let TV viewer to use USB cam to recieve
TV program. To fix it, I had to re-config the TV viewer.

Back to your problem, my best bet is there is something else is using
Microsoft WDM Image Capture too, you have to look around to see what is
doing this, find it and try to disable that device first, then back to
camera setup. Now it should be ok. Then enable that device, if needed, you
have to re-config some software.

J Qian