From:
Paul Tiwana <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Jan 2001 06:17:47 -0800
I bought up a used computer for my daughter.
it is P-300. , 128 ram, two HDDs,  13 Gb and 6 GBs, win ME installed, etc, etc.
But when I brought it home, the modem card was not installed, I opened the
computer and iinserted the card in one of the bays.
Now when I booted it up, it would not go beyond the noise of the fan., does
not go to HD or A drive.
It was working alright two hours before when I bought it.
I kept it in my car in the cold for 90 minutes or so  on my way home. I did
not drop it anywhere.
When I inserted the modem, I had to open the case. I touched the steel case
with my hands, so
it cant be the electricity in my hands. So what lead to its failure.
the fella who sold it to me says it could be the failure of the mother board.
so what it is, can somebody  please advise me.
Thanx

Paul Tiwana
http://home.istar.ca/~cye/india.html

"A recent survey indicates that 5 out of every 4 Americans
has trouble with fractions."

.