From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Sep 2001 11:14:09 -0400
If I were having trouble installing the OS, first thing I'd look at is the copy of the OS, then the drive.  Can you borrow a clean hard drive to see if your CD will install Win 98 SE on it?  Do you have a real, genuine MS copy of Win 98 SE, or did someone burn a CD copy?  A few days ago a lister had problems installing Win 2K, but could install Win 98.  Turned out he had a bad copy of Win 2K.

Just finished putting together my third system and have run into something that