From:
Mike Beshers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Sep 2006 13:50:21 -0400
I recently purchased a PNY Verto 7600gt video card for my Gateway 700GR computer, upgrading it from an ATI Raedon x300 se.  When I install the new card my system will not boot up.  The requirements state that a 300w power supply is necessary (mine is 305).  PNY says to contact Gateway, while Gateway sends me a link on "how to" remove an old card and install a new one and tells me to contact PNY if that doesn't work.
Needless to say both were a waste of time.  Should I request a RMA from newegg and try a new card, or does it sound like there's a problem with my PSU or motherboard?  MOBO is an Intel D915GSE, and there is a red light that flashes on the board when I have the new card installed, but not when the old one is in.
Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks.