From:
Blake Renslow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Mar 2001 09:37:15 EST
In a message dated 3/18/2001 7:03:46 AM Central Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

> [...]

You MUST set your old 4.3 mb drive to a "slave" using the jumpers on rear of
the drive. You may have a problem if your computer is older than 2-3 years
because of disk size limitation. Although if it worked before, it should work
now.

Then install it on another computer. You could even install it on your
computer this way. It should installed as a "Primary Slave" (although it
should work as a Seconday Master or Slave). Connect it to the unused cable
connector that the "Primary" is connected, or you may need to disconnect the
secondary if it has two drives. Normally the BIOS is set to "auto detect" and
you will see it when you boot. If not, change the BIOS selection to "auto
detect" IDE.

If you try to install it on another computer as the "primary master" it will
probably fail because of  physical hardware and hardware driver differences.

Good luck, hope this helps.
Blake Renslow