From:
Joe Lore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 15:22:06 -0400
Hi:

First thing that comes to mind is if all the other usb devices are working
fine, then we know the usb is set up properly in the os and in the main
board BIOS (where it could be diabled).

If you had a ps/2 or serial mouse working before - you may need to remove
those devices and their drivers for the usb mouse to work.

Also if you are going through a usb hub rather than a direct conect to the
main board at the I/O shield in the back (rear) of the computer, try
swapping usb devices to see if it is indeed the mouse or possible the usb
hub or up front usb connection to the main board that is improperly
installed (cable could be off pin).

If using a usb hub it might need to be an active (ac powered) hub rather
than a passive (non- powered) hub.

At 11:42 AM 07/23/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>I am trying to fix a mouse problem. I have no info on
>the processor or motherboard. The OS is ME, just for
>thought all the connections are USB. I am wondering if
>I need to go some where to enable the ports. I have
>looked around the BIOS and can not seem to find
>anything that really pertains to the situation. I
>understand how vague this email is but I am wondering
>if anyone has seen this situation with usb mice
>before??? Thanks, Francisco

>                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
>                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

JOE LORE
MICRO COMPUTER CENTER, INC.
150 NEW BOSTON RD. UNIT F
WOBURN, MA  01801
781-933-5530 x110
781-933-6939 fax
TECH SUPPORT: 1-866-YOUR-MCC / [log in to unmask]
RMA: [log in to unmask]
FTP site: www.members.aol.com/parts4pc

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>