Date:
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 03:44:13 +0100
I'm wondering maybe some of the files which were deleted were important
files?(Important to the working of the cdrom and r/w)
I would suggest that you run the antivirus once again to make sure it's
virus free, and then use the restore disk to reload windows.
(If I am right, and there is a floppy and a cd included in the resore pack,
then the floppy should load the drivers for the cdrom.)(With the restore
disks I have experience of, you just insert the floppy and the cd, start the
system and follow the instructions. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE SERIAL NUMBERS
BEFORE YOU START)
If I am correct, as long as the system is completely virus free, a normal
win98 boot disk should load the cd drivers also.
Can anyone add to that? (I'm not sure what the ameritrends program is.) (Is
it a variation of American Megatrends? I don't suppose it's important.) I
would have thought that anything needed by the system will be on the restore
disk.(I wouldn't want to suggest the wrong thing)
Michele Sayer

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>