Date:
Sun, 30 Jul 2006 23:37:06 EDT
In a message dated 7/19/2006 2:20:42 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:
This may be a firewall issue. Turn off the XP firewall and see if it
makes a difference.
Use the "Add Network place" wizard to access the 98 shares.
Open explorer and enter the UNC path (\\(Computer Name\\share name) to
access the other shares.
The XP firewall is off.  I tried the "Add Network place".  I could browse to
see the other comps but not anything on them, ie drives, folders etc.  I tried
to map a drive (z:) to one of the comps I could see.  I got a window saying
trying to connect and then another window saying network path not found. I
entered it as ( \\(computername)\c) and still got network path not found.  The
other comps (3 of them all with 98) see each other and can share files.  They see
the XP comp but can't access or share.

I looked at my network connections.  I only have one NIC but three are shown.
 One is listed as the 1394 connection 2, the other 1394 connection and the
last as Local Area Connection Sis 900-based PCI fast ethernet.  Is this correct?

I'm also going through a router (Netgear RP614v2).  Could that be an issue?

TIA,
Kevin Nowicki