From:
Doug Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Apr 2000 17:50:18 -0400
A while back I had a URL that gave hints and directions on how to clean a
CDROM drive, but now I am not able to locate it.  The reason for the need
for this is the following note that I just received from my son at college:

===============================
Apparently my cdrom drive is very, very dirty. The program to run my
cleaning CD [he has a CDROM cleaner kit that has worked in the past] is
located on the CD itself, and the drive doesn't recognize that (or any
other cd for the matter) Are there some alternatives that I can use to get
the dust out? Could it possibly be another problem? I can still open/close
it from menus in Windows, and it is still recognized by windows as working
properly.

He has had problems with it getting dirty in the dorms before and cleaning
it has helped in the past.  Any URL's or suggestions?

TIA

Doug

Doug Simmons

                   messages? Visit our staff web site: