From:
Bill Kapelas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 16:44:06 -0500
If you cannot modify either device's irq, I have solved this by removing one PCI
device and putting it in another slot. I beleive some of the shared orq are
detemined by the motherboard. ie PCI slots 1 and 3 will share an irq. If you
force by changing the bios them to move they will move together and share
another free irq. Thats PNP.

On Fri, 21 Jan 2000 00:03:55 +0200, Max Timchenko wrote:

>Hello PCBuild,
>
>  I've got a problem. On friend's PC, his Sound Blaster Live! and
>  Rockwell PCI WinModem both take IRQ 12 and I can't change it (the
>  Settings window shows Can't change this resource).
>
>  As the result of this conflict, DOS sound is lost both under and out
>  Windows 98. The modem does not work in DOS [it's WinModem] but works
>  OK in WIndows. The SB Live works in Windows applications.
>
>  I don't have any ideas, but I'm sure you do...
>
>  Thanks.
>
>+=-.
>| Max Timchenko [MaxVT]
>| [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]
>| FAX (413)431-4014               ICQ 2386792
>|
>| Freelance website and graphics designer
>| Visit my site : http://maxwd.hypermart.net
>|
>| Editor - Graphics artist
>| NOSPIN group
>+=-.
>
>         The PCBUILD web site always needs good submissions.  If
>          you would like to contribute to the website, send any
>               hardware tech tips or hardware reviews to:

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html