From:
Richard Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 2010 18:12:01 -0400
I don't generally disagree, but taking an extra long time waiting for USB
to do this might be a bad idea. (How lucky do you feel?) (How soon will it fail?)

Rick Glazier

vandervoort said:
>The clicking sound often indicates serious problems are imminent. Have
you checked the SMART status? There are many diagnostic prams available,
and your drive manufacturer probably offers one.

>Chkdsk /r might help, but replacing the drive sounds like the best plan.
Your clone and replace plan will work. I have used a USB adapter to do
this in the past to save all the drive swapping.

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com