From:
Hugh Vandervoort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Jan 2006 19:30:23 -0500
XP Home and Pro handle file sharing differently. XP has more options,
and you can read about it here:
http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp/filesharing.htm
The check box doesn't appear in Home.
In my experience, which is not vast, the access denied message is always
  a firewall problem. I've also seen setups where a seemingly unrelated
change can affect sharing in this way.
Look in the ZA log files, and you might find an answer or, just disable
ZA temporarily.
Ethereal, a network analyzer, can also be a big help:
http://www.ethereal.com/