From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Apr 2003 01:43:01 -0500
I am not sure I read your message correctly (either)...

Did you "want" the computer to be erased when you
did what ever you did?
Do you know if it is, or if anything is on your hard drive?
Do you know what Operating System you had (or have).

Boot with the floppy disk you have tried before.
(If you do the SYS thing suggested elsewhere, be sure
it is the proper one for your installed Operating System.)

After you boot with the floppy boot disk, type c: (press enter)

You should get a "C" prompt.

Type dir             This will show you "most" of the files
and directories on your hard drive.  If there is very little
on the hard drive you may be in for a lot of work...

Let the list know how you make out.

                                              Rick Glazier

From: "Lamplight Hill" <[log in to unmask]>

I have a computer which will boot with a DOS disk, but not without
(probably due to a ding-dong error I comitted while looking for format
on a disk.)  I had already repartitioned the HD.

Do I need to reload DOS, or what?   And how do I do that, or whatever needs
to be done?

When you finish laughing at me, please send answers.  I'm obviously
willing to experiment, as this is a learning experience for me.