Date:
Sun, 21 Jan 2001 00:15:16 +1100
Install SCSI hardisk is easy, just make sure the end of SCSI chain is
terminated properly, and make sure SCSI ID is set properly (like IDE drive,
you need to set jumper)- each SCSI device, include the SCSI card, must have
its own SCSI ID. usually SCSI card default ID = 7, harddisk start from 0.

The only problem for you is: 2906 is a low end SCSI card (10Mbyte/s), it is
designed for scaner, CDROM or similar low speed devices, it only has 50pin
internal connector, which is not compatible with todays SCSI harddisk, they
are fast devices (Ultra Wide 2 SCSI transfer rate = 80Mbyte/s, Ultra Wide
SCSI  transfer rate = 40Mbyte/s) which require 68pin cable and use Ultra
Wide interface. You may only use old SCSI drive on this card.

You can get more info from www.adaptec.com

Jun Qian