From:
Alan Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Aug 2006 16:14:27 -0700
Joyce,
    You should always be careful with Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) when
working with computer components.  You can buy a ground mat that comes with
a bracelet, or simply a anti-static bracelet.  If you don't have those
handy, power down the PC, wait a bit, then rub the outside of the Power
supply, not the best way to deal with ESD, but it is better than nothing.
When handling RAM sticks, CPUs and cards, don't touch the surface, the oil
from your fingers will be imprinted and can possibly cause problem, hold
them by the corners and/or the edge.  Be sure to press the sticks firmly in
the slots.  Good luck.

Alan Lee