From:
Patti Gates <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Sep 2000 07:01:06 -0500
Thank you for the help.  Created a boot disk from a Win 98 machine. works
fine. :-) I'm still not quite sure which bios file to use. It appears that
I can use the latest version, but the list of descriptions has me a little
confused. (do I download the version that says it includes my processor or
the one that has the latest date? eg, are the additions / modifications
sequential?)
Problem 2, If I disable COM2 in BIOS, COM 4 is no longer available, then my
modem won't work. If I uninstall COM2 through device manager, the modem
still works, but the next time I boot, COM2 is re-installed. There is still
something I don't understand here???  :-(