From:
Brad Loomis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 15:48:33 -0800
Howdy,
I've been trying to install a new HP 4C to my system. What is happening, is
most of the time it is not recognized at boot up. I do turn it on first. It
gives a bit of a whir, then is quite until I have been Win95 for about two
minutes. then it makes some more noise, I can go to device manager and
refresh. Lo and behold there it is. However if I try to run the HP scan
test, it says communication problem, then that program freezes. Or if I try
to use HP desk scan, (just to test) it will whir for a moment, pause for a
while and then return a "scanner problem" message. So did i get a
non-functioning scanner? this is running off my 2940UW using a 50pin mini to
50centronic cable. I had no luck using the included card, IRQ problems, and
i'd rather not anyway. Any suggestions appreciated.
Brad Loomis
Los Angeles, CA

                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html