From:
William Maher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 13:50:40 -0500
OK, here goes, my girlfriend, on the advice of a friend, decided to try and
fix a problem with her Packard Bell Legend 2440. She deleted her OS and
tried to reformat the HD. The old OS was Win 95. She tried to install Win
98. She did not save any of the driver information from the original OS and
the new ( necessary ) cd-rom driver is not on the 98 bootdisk.
I have tried to find the necessary driver on the net with absolutely no
luck. I cannot access any of the information from the computer because
there is not an OS on the hard drive.
I have have tried to do a clean install ( partition, format ) with no luck
because, as I have mentioned earlier, the 98 bootdisk does not include the
necessary CD-Rom driver (I am not even sure of the make of the CD-Rom is).
What should I do?
Is there a solution?
This is all the information I have about her computer:
Packard Bell Legend 2440
Ser.# N069036717
Phoenix Bios 4.04
Agoura Release 1.17
I have done the best I can and am at my wits end. Any information will be
immensely valued.Thank you .

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml