From:
John Sproule <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Aug 2005 15:52:22 -0400
I would suggest going with a PCI Express motherboard at this stage of the
game.  It looks like the industry is making the shift towards this becoming
the predominant video card standard.

I guess that next you have to decide what processor you want to use, before
you can decide which motherboard to use to support this processor.

This in turn will help you to see what kind of memory you are going to need
to buy (DDR or DDR2).

Do you have some ideas of what sorts of things you will mostly be using this
computer for?  What do you imagine will be the most demanding applications
or kinds of use that this computer should be capable of handling?

Knowing this might help others make further suggestions.

John Sproule