From:
Dave Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Aug 1999 11:14:34 -0700
On 10 Aug 99, at 22:12, Wayne@Tammy wrote:

> >  I took your original message to indicate that the 1GB D: drive was also a
> >primary FAT partition.  The error message you report appears to be indicating
> >that this is not the case.  Is this correct?  If so, try starting over,
> >creating C: and D: both as primary DOS partitions and formatting them
> >(FAT16), then delete C: and the install *should* work.
>
> The drive is physically one drive.  I cannot create two primary DOS
> partitions, only one.

  Working with Partition Magic has obviously spoiled me; I've begun to forget
about limitations in FDISK....

  Okay, how about this:  Since we're going to throw away the first partition
anyway, will FDISK let you make the second one a primary DOS partition if you
make the first one Extended?

David G

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org