From:
Magne Salveson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Jan 2000 21:42:09 +0100
Hi

Check if win recognize long filenames on other CDs, and if autorun
works with other CDs, if not check autoexec.bat and config.sys for
dos drivers for the cd rom. If you find any, try to insert "rem" in front
of the lines with this.. Reboot and see if it works. If not, you have to
reinstall win, take a backup or an image ( I prefer the last), delete
the win catalog from dos and reinstall windoze. If you are asked
about keeping some files, say no. This should do the trick if this is
the error. If you need more specific adviceabout this, send me an
email.

I will recommend that you get a program for taking disk images,
Norton Ghost is OK, and once you are up and running, take an
image of your C drive which shouldn't have anything that you have
produced yourself or that you can't replace with ease. This is
because the image file erase everything on the drive. I prefer to
have documents on one drive, email on another and programs on a
third, on drive C there's only win.

Good luck!

MagneZ

--
Magne Salveson
Oslo, Norway

Quote for the day:
Thought for the day:
    Intuition (n): an uncanny sixth sense which tells people
    that they are right, whether they are or not.