From:
Mary Wolden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 2000 23:32:06 -0600
From: Harvey Rose <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2000 9:26 PM
Subject: [PCBUILD] Connecting Panasonic CD-RW

> Thanks! I connected it with LS120 as slave to the Hard drive and the
CD-ROM
> as master on IDE2, CD-RW as slave. This works reading regular Music &
> CD-Rom disks, but Adaptec software won't recongize the drive which is F.
Do
> I need proper drivers for the CD-RW? Win98 installed it as MATSHITA CD-RW
> CW-7585. I bought it as a Panasonic CW-7585-B OEM no drivers. Could this
> affect the software recongizing the drive?
>
> Harvey Rose

Harvey,

Panasonic is a division of Matsushita.  You do not say which Adaptec
software you are using.  I checked the Adaptec site and the newest
Matsushita recorder that they say they support is CW-7582.  Newer drives may
be supported but not listed.  Your CDRW recording software is the only
driver that you need to write CDR's and CDRW's, if the software can't find
the CDRW then it may not support  this model yet.  You can check with
Adaptec's support to see if your recorder is supported by their software or
if they plan on supporting it in the future.  I also checked with CeQuadrat
WinOnCD and the Panasonic(Matsushita) that they support is also the 7582.
CeQuandrat does support the 7585 with their Packet Cd program.  I would
check with them to see if their WinOnCD recording software supports the 7585
also.  You can find them at
http://www.cequadrat.com/english/products/winoncd_3e.html.

Mary Wolden

                   messages? Visit our staff web site: