From:
A Cassel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Jun 2001 23:07:03 -0700
There was a time I could have answered this question, but it is now lost
in the mud soup that used to be my mind.  Compaq's machines of this era
ran BIOS on a non DOS partition that had to be massaged to make any
changes.  I would strongly recommend that you contact, via e-mail,
Compaq support sending it to the attention of John Prill.  Hopefully he
is still with them and he is a walking encyclopedia of knowledge on
these early machines.

Art Cassel

Cal Peters wrote;

> I'm working with =
> a Compaq 5100 (P100) machine and trying to install an additional hard =
> drive.  I tried to install a Western Digital 20 gig drive, but "setup" =
> misreported the size, and it wouldn't fdisk.  Anyone know if there's any =
> bios limitations (I believe the machine's been updated with the latest =
> setup files...) on hard disk size for this series of Compaq?

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml