From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 09:14:06 -0400
Reading between the lines, you are not trying to match
product features or specifications while comparing drives.
This is not a fair comparison, sorry...

It sounds like you are calling the cheap Maxtor drives slow
because they will not keep up with a first class top of the line
WD with an 8M buffer.
How about the "economy" drive line of WD?

If I've misunderstood you please let us know if the drives "are"
based on equal specs by listing one model number of each brand
so we can see what you are comparing.

(I see you listed the WD one -WD800JB)

Thanks in advance.   Rick Glazier

From: "Ultra" <[log in to unmask]>

> what ever Maxtor has in store, we use them as customer usually ask for low
> price (and Maxtor lately always been the lowest on price).
snip