Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 19:53:45 +1200
On a sudden impulse, I dropped XP Pro on top of my faithful Win98SE system.
(I hope it doesn't get the sulks)

I have a couple of queries for XP gurus: I did the 'Upgrade' instead of the
'Fresh Install'.  The newish 20gb drive had been recently formatted FAT32,
and, as there were no options during the install to change to NTFS, it
stayed that way.

My first query is: Is it possible to change the file system now to NTFS?
Second query: Are there any significant advantages to changing the file
system to NTFS?

There was one unexpected result of the conversion.  I defragged the drive
shortly after the operation and the report shows that the file system is
FAT32, with a cluster size of 4K.

This seems odd, as the drive's slave, a newish 40gb drive, is also formatted
FAT32, but shows a cluster size of 32K.

Ian Porter
Computer Guys Inc.
Arrowtown