From:
Martin Trevorn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Aug 1999 17:53:56 -0400
At 14:42 99-08-09 -0700, you wrote:
>I saw a hard drive for sale with this type of interface and have never
>heard
>  of it before and can not seem to find the info i want about it. can anyone
>explain this technology to me and tell me how i wolud hook this up to my
>pc.
>do you need any special hardware and is it  better or less expensive than
>scsi?I am very interested in this new technology as what little i have
>found
>about is very interesting.
>Thank You,  Rick Fogel

You could find more info at the adaptec site.

  http://www.jni.com/

I have found the fibre channel quite interesting too, because the interface
is very simple, just a coax cable or optical fiber. The cable length could
be very long, the speed is about 1Gb/Sec and they are hot swapable. I have
take a look at pricewatch and hard drive with fibre channel interface are
cheaper the SCSI one.

While the interface look promising, I have never seen someone using it. Will
it be a popular interface or will it be a thing of the past? It seem to be
more used in mainframe than in PC.

An other point to consider is does it has driver for windows 95?

Hope this help

Martin Trevorn

                         PCBUILD's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>