From:
Will Stephenson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 19:33:29 -0400
Hello!

I work for an ISP in downeast Maine (Bar Harbor, Acadia National Park) and
close to 600 customers of ours are "snowbirds". And there is often a request
for how to get mail on the road. The easiest and cheapest is to set up a web
mail account at one of the many portals that dot the net (Yahoo, Netscape,
MSN,etc.). The offer a free email account if you just sign up with them
(more eyes for ads, I guess). Their mail systems allow you to access any
pop3 account as long as you know the account name, password, and email
computer name (like: mail.coolisp.net).

Another less intrusive way to get mail on the road is to take your browser
to: www.mail2web.com. The same information allows you to get your email from
any web browser - for many less ads!

I hope this helps.

best

Will Stephenson   ><>

Subject: [PCBUILD] Modem on the run

Hi folks

This is perhaps off topic; if so I appologize.

I was talking with a couple this evening about internet access on the road.
They are snow birds, so spend their summer time at home [Wisconsin] and
winters in Florida and Arizona.  They wanted to know how I thought they
could best keep getting E-mail while on the road.  The have a cell phone,
but no standard phone connection.  They do have occasional access to the
Internet via a library computer etc.

They are open to any suggestions such as lap tops etc.

Has anyone dealt with this type of on the road e-mail support and if so how
do you think they are best served?

Mike Buraczewski

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html