From:
"z.Fenna6" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 May 2008 16:24:54 -0400
I spoke with Corsair and they told me that my mobo (Epox EP-9NPA+Sli) was designed for dual chips and I should use dual chips.  Corsair also said that my mobo would accommodate 1GBchips maximum (total 4GB), but that putting chips in all the slots was not a good idea - that I should use ONE pair of matched chips, because if there were any chips present that were not perfectly matched and were a millisecond off in timing from the other(s), that all would run at a slower speed.  Corsair that one pair of 1GB dual chips was the "sweet spot" for this board.

However, I found something I had saved that said the 1GB chip (4GB max) was correct, but when it mentioned dual chips, it said it supported 128/256/512 dual chip technology.  I ordered a pair of 1GB dual chips, which apparently aren't okay.  I have an RMA for the chips, but I was trying to get in touch with Epox to find out if the dual 1GB chips were okay for the board, but Epox doesn't respond.  I guess I'll have to send the chips back since I don't know for sure if they will work (I don't want to open the package if I'm not sure.)  Any one know anything about this?  Or how I can contact EPox some way that actually gets to someone that might respond?

Thanks,
AnnaSummers