From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Jan 2005 08:55:18 -0800
Since nobody seems to have responded, I will pitch in my bit. I ran into the
same problem with my Canon scanner. TWAIN is one method of interfacing to
imaging devices, but not the only one. XP seems to prefer to use WIA. See
this link for some information:
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/stillimage/stillimg-connect.mspx

Here is the driver link on the Canon site:
http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=DownloadDetailAct&fcategoryi
d=351&modelid=8006#New%20Window

Try upgrading the Canon drivers and see if that fixes your problem. As I
said before, you do NOT need to have TWAIN, but some software you have
apparently looks for that interface mode.

Peter
The NoSpin Group