Date:
Tue, 2 Jan 2007 17:55:59 +0000
It's the question of THEY want you to do, vs. what YOU want to do.
Your PC, your choice. You can take the HDD, any size and partition all you need, THEY require that as a default.
My experience has taught me that Win98 needs <4G. Then you set up another partition, this where your programs lives, /D:.
You can buy a partition maker, or get get one for FREE.
All you have to do is download a Linux LiveCD, than burn it. Make sure it has QTparted, included, otherwise it might not so easy to figure out.
QTparted is free, PartitionMagic is not.
From: john steadman <[log in to unmask]>
> sue Rose go to the harddrive manufacture site and download the tools that allow
> you to install the large HDD to full capacity..
>
>   regards john..
>
> Sue Rose <[log in to unmask]> wrote:  Good Day listers
>
> If  you read a maxtor box, it suggests that only a 30gig hard drive be used  as
> the main hard drive in a computer running windows 98. Is there a way  to get
> around this limitations--Best But, Comp USA, Staples have  nothing less than 80
> gig HD. One thought I had was parttioning the  drive with MAX Blast 3 as I do
> all my hard drives (saved me lots of  grief on many brands of hard drives).
> Someone else suggested that  Maxtor has since made a work around to the problem
>
> Any IDeas?  Thanks in advance
>
>         The NOSPIN Group has added a new feature on our website,
>            web based bulletinboard for questions and answers:
>               Visit our sister website at http://nospin.com

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>