From:
David Brenner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Feb 2002 10:36:40 -0800
To All,

I built an athlon 1.4 GHz system using a creative modem blaster V92 pci
modem.

I have not been able to get this modem working properly. Creative was of no
help resolving the problem. Motherboard bios has been updated, latest
drivers from creative loaded. Modem appears to be properly configured, but I
either cannot dial out (no dial tone) or if on the rare occasion I get a
connect, it disconnects after a short time. Phone line appears OK as I had
another computer using an ISA based modem blaster hooked up to same wire
which worked fine.

A t this point I am giving up on the v92 PCI creative modem and was
wondering if anyone can recommend a good reliable hardware (NO WIN MODEMS)
based PCI modem (mobo has no ISA slots) to work with this system.

Motherboard: Asus A7V133
512 MB
ATI Radeon VE AGP 64MB
Advansys LVD2/UW SCSI
Advansys Narrow SCSI
LinkSYS 10/100 Etherfast
SoundBlaster Live

There are no IDE devices being used, motherboard sound and modem are
disabled in bios.

Thanks.