From:
"Dias, Dan" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Jan 2016 22:26:10 +0000
Try this...I resolved a similar situation using the steps described...

From this webpage…

http://forums.windowscentral.com/microsoft-surface-pro-3/328628-2.htm

The specific instructions…

I've found this works for me: Use this two-button shutdown process to ensure that your Surface is turned off completely. Here’s how:

Step 1: Press and hold the power  button on your Surface for 30 seconds and then release it.

Step 2: Press and hold the volume-up button and the power button at the same time for at least 15 seconds and then release both.

The screen may flash the Surface logo, but continue holding the buttons down for at least 15 seconds.

Step 3: After you release the buttons, wait 10 seconds.

Step 4:

Press and release the power button to turn your Surface back on.

If your Surface turns on: Charge the battery for a while. When it has at least a 40 percent charge, install the latest Surface and Windows updates to help prevent  future problems. For more info, see Install Surface and Windows updates.

If your Surface still won’t turn on: Your Surface may need service . For more info, go to Send my Surface in for service.

Source: microsoft.com/surface/en-us/support/warranty-service-and-recovery/surface-wont-turn-on-or-wake-from-sleep?os=windows-10

Good luck...!!!

Daniel A. Dias

Systems/Network Senior Technician (OPS)

Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL)

P.O. Box 808 L-725

Livermore, CA 94551

(925-423-5638)