From:
Ron Jobe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 May 2002 09:34:35 -0500
Compaq has gotten better about using widely compatible components, but there
are some proprietary motherboard and case combinations which cannot be
transplanted to any other product.  The Compaq slim desktop (SFF in Compaq
terminology) is one of the worst for compatibility.

Some of the SFF cases came with a stand which will allow the desktop
computer to stand vertically.  Those models also come with a notebook-style
CD-ROM which will work in the vertical position.

Prior to the HP and Compaq merger, Compaq had very good information on their
web site regarding case, motherboard, power supply and specification
information but it was all buried in PDF files.  I've not looked since the
merger to see if it is still available.

Sorry I didn't have better news for you.
Ron Jobe