Date:
Thu, 25 May 2000 00:42:34 +1000
If I remembered correct, this is your 2nd message to ask same question. As
someone already answered before, you cannot use this old drive on standard IDE
controller. These two look same (both 40pin), but they are totally different
interface. If you look carefully, you should see there are 4 jumpers on the
drive, marked 0, 1, 2, 3 (old creative standard), and no such "master" or
"slave" jumpers around.

Jun Qian

"Capt. Zyla" wrote:

>   Question: Is there anything special about older cdrom's that were used on
>  a channel off the sound card that would not allow use on a standard ide
>   controller?

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org