From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jun 1998 22:34:07 -0400

And therein lies the crux of this matter.  Everyone's system is uniquely
different because we all have a different mix of software.  There is no
way to quantify how much space is wasted and have it apply to ANYthing
other than that one single pc which is being measured.

Seven thousand list members can write in a say "I just checked my PC and
found...." and there will be seven thousand completely different answers.

As I said in my previous post, the TOTAL amount of wasted space on a
particular PC is determined the number of files AND their size as compared
to the cluster size.