From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 17:43:32 -0800
Thank you to all that responded to my caller ID question, and especially
to Mark Rode for the detailed caller ID and Xeon explanation.

I now have a follow-up question regarding the AGP port. In researching
motherboards (I chose the Intel D845PEBT2) I found that some board
supported 1.5 and 3 volt on the AGP interface. I am aware of the 2x, 4x,
8x speed differences on the AGP, but what does the voltage rating refer
to? I assume it has mostly to do with gaming or heavy graphics boards
that somehow support it, but what does it actually do, and which boards
would need it?

Thanks for your support in my continuing education. I have been in the
computer field since 1978 and still find too much left to learn about!

Peter
The NoSpin Group

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml